February 8, 2024
On this episode of the Energy Security Cubed Podcast, Kelly Ogle and Joe Calnan interview Ilia Bouchouev about the leading role of futures trading in the oil market, and what it means for energy security. He is also the author of a recently released book on the topic, "Virtual Barrels: Quantitative Trading in the Oil Market."
For the intro session, Kelly and Joe Calnan provide an update on the Nord Stream pipeline issue and the role of Brazil's PetroBras in global oil.
- Dr. Ilia Bouchouev is the former President of Koch Global Partners and an adjunct Professor at New York University.
- Kelly Ogle is Managing Director of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Joe Calnan is a Fellow and Energy Security Forum Manager at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Machine Learning: An Applied Mathematics Introduction" by Paul Wilmott
- "The Wisdom of Crowds" by James Surowiecki