August 9, 2021
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks to Stewart Beck as he reflects on his career as a diplomat and his work as president of the Asia-Pacific Foundation.
- Stewart Beck is the President and CEO of the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada. Prior to joining APF Canada, Mr. Beck served as the Canadian High Commissioner to the Republic of India with concurrent accreditation to the Kingdom of Bhutan and to Nepal. He joined Canada's Department of External Affairs and International Trade (now Global Affairs Canada) in 1982 and served abroad in the United States, Taiwan, and the People's Republic of China. In Ottawa, he held a number of progressively more senior positions, including Director General of the North Asia Bureau, Director General Responsible for Senior Management and Rotational Assignments, and Assistant Deputy Minister for International Business Development, Investment, and Innovation. He was Consul General in Shanghai and prior to his posting to India, he was Consul General in San Francisco.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Coping with China’s Rise – A Role for Canada?"
- "Canada-China relations after court decision against Meng Wanzhou"
- "A Free and Open Indo-Pacific?"
R & R:
- "The World for Sale: Money, Power and the Traders Who Barter the Earth’s Resources" by Javier Blas and Jack Farchy
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with