November 23, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, Colin Robertson talks to Stewart Beck, Dr. Jeffrey Reeves, Dr. Stephen Nagy, and Dr. Jonathan Berkshire Miller about the concept of free and open Indo-Pacific and how Canada can belong.
- Stewart Beck is the President and CEO of the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
- Dr. Jeffrey Reeves is Vice-President of Research for the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
- Dr. Stephen Nagy is a fellow at CGAI and at the Asia Pacific Foundation, and is a Senior Associate Professor at the International Christian University, Tokyo.
- Dr. Jonathan Berkshire Miller is a senior fellow with the Japan Institute of International Affairs, the Macdonald-Laurier Institute, and the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada.
- Colin Robertson (host) is a former Canadian diplomat, now Vice President of and Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read Dr. Nagy and Dr. Miller’s brief.
What Mr. Beck, Dr. Reeves, Dr. Nagy, and Dr. Miller are reading:
- "Dirt: Adventures in Lyon as a Chef in Training, Father, and Sleuth Looking for the Secret of French Cooking" by Bill Buford
- "A Promised Land" by Barack Obama
- "Pax" by Susan Pennypacker and Jon Klassen
- "The Iconoclast: Shinzo Abe and the New Japan" by Tobias S. Harris
- "Leadership and the Rise of Great Powers" by Yan Xuetong
- "Super Continent: The Logic of Eurasian Integration" by Kent Calder,