September 7, 2023
On this episode of the Energy Security Cubed Podcast, Kelly Ogle and Joe Calnan discuss current events in energy security, including the Saudi and Russian extension of crude curtailment policies, offshore wind price spikes in the United States, and the concept of "carbon contracts for difference" in Canada.
For the interview section of the podcast, Joe talks with Joe Ingram and Chris Roberts about the intersection of resources, development, and foreign interference in Francophone Africa, and the resulting political instability which laid the groundwork for the recent coups in Niger and Gabon.
- Joseph Ingram is a CGAI Fellow and a former official with the World Bank, where he worked for 30 years with a primary focus on Francophone Africa.
- Chris Roberts is a CGAI Fellow, President of African Access Consulting, and a Sessional Instructor in International Relations at the University of Calgary.
- Kelly Ogle is the CEO of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "Soldier and State in Africa" by Claude E. Welch
- "Global Governance and the Emergence of Global Institutions for the 21st Century" by Augusto Lopez-Claros, Arthur L. Dahl, and Maja Groff
- "Robert S. McNamara at the World Bank: In Retrospect" by Olivier Lafourcade, Leif E. Christoffersen, Anders E. E. Ljungh, Sven Burmester, Caio K. Koch-Weser, and Rainer B. Steckhan