October 15, 2019
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are joined by Ian Brodie, Peter Donolo, and Peter van Praagh, revising most of our panel on the future of Canadian foreign policy, with an eye turned towards the election.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Ian Brodie: Associate Professor at the University of Calgary and Program Director at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Peter Donolo: CGAI fellow, Vice Chair at Hill+Knowlton Canada.
- Peter van Praagh: President of the Halifax International Security Forum.
- "Foreign Policy Priorities for the Next Government" (CGAI Podcast)
- "At the Centre of Government: A Discussion with Ian Brodie” (CGAI Podcast)
- Ian Brodie – “Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy” by John le Carré
- Peter Donolo – “Champlain's Dream” by David Hackett Fischer | “Age of Anger: A History of the Present” by Pankaj Mishra
- Peter van Praagh – “The Hundred-Year Marathon: China's Secret Strategy to Replace America as the Global Superpower” by Michael Pillsbury
Recommended Books for Canadian leaders:
- Ian Brodie – “Supreme Command: Soldiers, Statesmen, and Leadership in Wartime” by Eliot Cohen
- Peter Donolo – “At the Centre of Government: The Prime Minister and the Limits on Political Power” by Ian Brodie | "The Way It Works: Inside Ottawa” by Eddie Goldenberg
- Peter van Praagh – “The Republic” by Plato
- Colin Robertson – “The Jungle Grows Back: America and Our Imperiled World” by Robert Kagan