July 3, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we sit down with CGAI Advisory Council member, and former Chief of Staff to Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Ian Brodie, to discuss his recently released book entitled "At the Centre of Government: The Prime Minister and the Limits on Political Power".
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Ian Brodie: From 2006 to 2008, Ian Brodie worked as the Chief of Staff for Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Prior to that role, he was Executive Director of the Conservative Party. After leaving government, Brodie moved into international and multi-lateral finance working as Strategic Advisor at the Inter-American Development Bank. He is now an associate professor of political science at the University of Calgary, a senior research fellow at the Centre for Military, Strategic and Security Studies, and a member of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute Advisory Council.
- "At the Centre of Government: The Prime Minister and the Limits on Political Power" - by Ian Brodie
- "NATO’s Challenge: The Economic Dimension" - by Ian Brodie (part of CGAI's 2017 NATO Series)
- Ian Brodie: “Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy” by Jonah Goldberg
- Colin Robertson: “The Restless Wave: Good Times, Just Causes, Great Fights, and Other Appreciations” by John McCain & Mark Salter