June 5, 2018
On today's 'Global Exchange' Podcast, we continue our series on positioning Canada in a shifting international order. Today's episode, recorded during our May 8th foreign policy conference in Ottawa, features the Ambassadors to Canada from Japan, France, Germany, and the EU alongside the British High Commissioner to Canada and the Minister Counsellor to the Ambassador of Italy to Canada. In a discussion, moderated by Kathleen Monk, the distinguished panel digs deep into what Canada's G7 partners want out of Charlevoix.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Kathleen Monk (moderator): Principal at Earnscliffe Strategy Group
- H.E. Kimihiro Ishikane: Ambassador of Japan to Canada.
- H.E. Susan le Jeune d'Allegeershecque: British High Commissioner to Canada
- H.E. Kareen Rispal: Ambassador of France to Canada
- H.E. Sabine Sparwasser: Ambassador of Germany to Canada
- Fabrizio Nava: Minister Counsellor at the Embassy of Italy in Canada
- H.E. Peteris Ustubs: Ambassador of the European Union to Canada
- "Positioning Canada in the Shifting International Order" (CGAI Conference Information)
- "2018 G7 Summit – Canada 2018 G7 Presidency – Charlevoix, Quebec" (Government of Canada)
- Kathleen Monk (moderator) - "Seven Fallen Feathers: Racism, Death, and Hard Truths in a Northern City" by Tanya Talaga
- H.E. Kimihiro Ishikane - "Un selfie avec Justin Trudeau" par Jocelyn Coulon | "On Grand Strategy" by John Lewis Gaddis
- H.E. Susan le Jeune d'Allegeershecque - "Orwell's Nose: A Pathological Biography" by John Sutherland
- H.E. Kareen Rispal - "4 3 2 1" by Paul Auster
- H.E. Sabine Sparwasser - "The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914" by Christopher Clark
- Fabrizio Nava - "The Shawinigan Fox: How Jean Chrétien Defied the Elites and Reshaped Canada" by Bob Plamondon
- H.E. Peteris Ustubs - "The Extreme Future: The Top Trends That Will Reshape the World in the Next 20 Years" by James Canton