August 15, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we enlist the help of a former Canadian Ambassador to North and South Korea to explain the ongoing nuclear standoff between the Northern Communist dictatorship and the United States. Join Colin in conversation with CGAI Fellow Marius Grinius for an overview of the conflict, the role of the U.S. and China, as well as why this standoff matters for Canada.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Marius Grinius: A Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and the former Canadian Ambassador to South Korea with a cross-accreditation to North Korea in 2005. In 2007 Marius was posted to Geneva as Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations and the Conference on Disarmament.
• Marius Grinius - "By Gaslight" - by Steven Price
- "North Korea: A New Great Game" - Marius Grinius (CGAI Policy Update)
- "South China Sea and the New Great Game" - Marius Grinius (CGAI Policy Paper)
- "Untangling the Spirit of Han on the Korean Peninsula & the Future of Trustpolitik" - Hugh Segal & Tina J. Park (CGAI Policy Paper)
- "Canada and Ballistic Missile Defence" - Colin Robertson, Frank Harvey & James Ferguson (CGAI Policy Update)