March 2, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are rebroadcasting the armchair discussion between Colin Robertson and Peter W. Singer during the Calgary Speaker Dinner, "The Weaponization of Social Media."
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Peter W. Singer: Is a Strategist and Senior Fellow at New America. He has been named by the Smithsonian as one of the U.S.’s 100 leading innovators, by Defense News as one of the 100 most influential people on defence issues, by Foreign Policy to their Top 100 Global Thinkers List, and as an official “Mad Scientist” for the U.S. Army’s Training and Doctrine Command. His past work includes serving at the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Harvard University, an editor at Popular Science magazine, and as the founding director of the Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence at Brookings. Peter’s award-winning books include Wired for War: The Robotics Revolution and Conflict in the 21st Century, Cybersecurity and Cyberwar: What Everyone Needs to Know, Ghost Fleet: A Novel of the Next World War and his latest book LikeWar: The Weaponization of Social Media.
- "Why Social Media Is the New Weapon in Modern Warfare"
- "Communications and the Integrity of Elections" (Policy Perspective)
- "Bots, trolls, and defending our elections" (The Global Exchange Podcast)
- "LikeWar: The Weaponization of Social Media" by P. W. Singer