January 5, 2023
On this special episode of the Energy Security Cubed Podcast, Kelly Ogle and Joe Calnan discuss major events in global and Canadian energy security in 2022, and what to watch for into the future.
- Joe Calnan is a Fellow and Energy Security Forum Manager at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Kelly Ogle: President and CEO of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Clip Guest Bios (in order of appearance):
- Thierry Bros is a Professor at Sciences Po Paris, find him on Twitter at @thierry_bros.
- Roy Norton is a CGAI Fellow and an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Waterloo.
- Greg Brew is a CGAI Fellow and Henry A. Kissinger Postdoctoral Fellow at International Security Studies and the Jackson School of Global Affairs at Yale University, find him on Twitter at @gbrew24.
- Dale Naly is the former Associate Minister of Natural Gas and the current Minister of Service Alberta and Red Tape Reduction in the Government of Alberta
- Kathryn Porter is the founder of energy research firm Watt-Logic, find Watt-Logic at watt-logic.com.
- Swaran Singh is a CGAI Fellow and Professor and Former Chair of the Centre for International Politics Organisation and Disarmament in the School of International Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
What is Joe reading?
- "History of the Peloponnesian War" by Thucydides
- "The Iliad" by Homer
- "Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy" by Francis Fukuyama
- "Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy" by Joseph Schumpeter
What is Kelly reading?
- "From Left to Right: Saskatchewan's Political and Economic Transformation" by Dale Eisler
- "Revival and Change: The 1957 and 1958 Diefenbaker Elections" by John C. Courtney
- "Personality and Power: Builders and Destroyers of Modern Europe" by Ian Kershaw
- "Ice War Diplomat: Hockey Meets Cold War Politics at the 1972 Summit Series" by Gary J. Smith