April 5, 2019
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we discuss China's strategy in the South China Sea, its building program throughout the region, as well as their broader defence modernization strategy and its implications for the region. Joining Dave today is David Welch, a Professor of Political Science at the University of Waterloo and Chair of Global Security at the Balsillie School of International Affairs.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- Dave Perry: Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- David Welch: David A. Welch is Centre for International Governance Innovation Chair of Global Security at the Balsillie School of International Affairs and Professor of Political Science at the University of Waterloo.
- "South China Sea and the New Great Game" by Marius Grinius (CGAI Policy Paper)
- "Beware of the Dragon: The Challenges of China’s Assertive Posture" by Matthew Fisher (CGAI Policy Perspective)
- "Is the Ground Shifting in Asia?" by Joseph Caron (CGAI Policy Perspective)
- "Canadian Relations with China in 2019" featuring Colin Robertson, Richard Fadden, and Hugh Stephens (CGAI Podcast)
- "The Royal Canadian Navy in the Indo-Pacific: A Discussion with Matthew Fisher" featuring David Perry and Matthew Fisher (CGAI Podcast)
- David Welch: "Fire and Fury: The Allied Bombing of Germany 1942--1945" by Randall Hansen