January 21, 2019
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we break down the ongoing diplomatic dispute between Canada and China with former National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister, Richard Fadden, and Distinguished Fellow at the Asia Pacific Foundation, Hugh Stephens.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Richard Fadden: Mr. Richard B. Fadden was the National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister from January 19, 2015 to March 31, 2016. Previously he was the Deputy Minister of National Defence starting in May 2013, he served as the Director of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service from 2009 until 2013.
- Hugh Stephens: Distinguished Fellow at the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "The Security Dimension of a China Free Trade Agreement: Balancing Benefits and Risk" by Gordon Houlden (CGAI Joint Policy Paper)
- "Canada’s Sovereignty: The Threats of a New Era" by David Bercuson (CGAI Policy Perspective
- "China seeks dominance, not parity" by David Bercuson (CGAI Commentary)
- "For the security of Canadians, Huawei should be banned from our 5G networks" by Richard Fadden (The Globe and Mail)
- "Mr. Xi, release these two Canadian citizens" (The Globe and Mail)
- Richard Fadden: "Churchill: Walking With Destiny" by Andrew Roberts
- Hugh Stephens: "Claws of the Panda: Beijing's Campaign of Influence and Intimidation in Canada" by Jonathan Manthorpe