January 31, 2023 | 08:00 am - 18:00 pm ET | Westin TwentyTwo, 11 Colonel By Drive, 22nd Floor Ottawa, ON
The world is changing and agriculture and food are on the front lines. A multilateral system under stress, increasing demand, pressures on production and more are colliding to tighten supplies, increase food insecurity, and challenge trade. As a top food-exporting nation, how Canada chooses to respond will define our place in the world. Canada has the opportunity to set its agri-food sector on the path of global food security, but a more ambitious, more strategic approach is needed.
The Canadian Agri-Food Policy Institute (CAPI), Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI), and the Canadian Agri-food Trade Alliance (CAFTA) are convening a one-day conference to bring together leaders from across agri-food, security, foreign affairs and trade. The intersection of farming and food production with trade, security and diplomacy can give Canada a new and exciting role in the world, if we are willing to take it on. This event will try and answer whether Canada is ready and able to seize the moment.
The event will include a series of panel discussions, fireside chats and keynote speakers exploring the many facets of this critical topic. Sessions will focus on:
- Food Security Today exploring the state of food security around the world.
- Creating systems to get Canadian food where it is needed exploring rules-based trade, infrastructure and tools to de-risk international trade.
- Food Security and Insecurity exploring the links between food security and peace and security interact?
- The Indo-Pacific exploring how to leveraging Canada’s strength in the region.
- Food Power exploring how to leverage agriculture and food to Canada’s Advantage.
The day will include a wide range of thought leaders and experts bringing their experience and perspective to how Canada can use its position as an agriculture and food superpower to improve Canada’s position in a shifting geopolitical landscape.
Confirmed moderators and speakers include:
More speakers, including senior political and industry leaders will be announced soon!