July 10, 2020
On today's Defence Deconstructed Podcast, we feature a discussion with Eugene Lang and Ian Brodie about Canada's fiscal snapshot and the impacts that might have on the Government of Canada's finances, and particularly what that might mean for national defence.
Defence Deconstructed is part of the CGAI Podcast Network and today’s episode is brought to you by the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI).
- Eugene Lang: CGAI fellow. Adjunct Professor, School of Policy Studies, Queen’s University, and Fellow, Canadian Global Affairs Institute. He was chief of staff to two ministers of National Defence in the Chrétien and Martin governments and served as an official in the Department of Finance.
- Ian Brodie: Associate Professor at the University of Calgary and previously Program Director at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. He was chief of staff to Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "RIP SSE: What the COVID-19 Pandemic Means for Defence Funding" (CGAI Policy Perspective) by Eugene Lang
- "The World in Depression, 1929–1939" by Charles P. Kindleberger
- "The Death of Expertise: The Campaign against Established Knowledge and Why it Matters" by Tom Nichols