July 12, 2021
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Maureen Boyd speaks to Christian Leffler, David Plunkett, and Jason Langrish about the Strategic Partnership Agreement
This episode is from the Canada-EU: Looking Forward webinar that took place on May 19th, 2021, in partnership with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and the Delegation of the European Union to Canada
- Christian Leffler was the Deputy Secretary-General at the European External Action Service (EEAS) in Brussels until his retirement in March 2020. He had previously held the post of Managing Director for the Americas at the EEAS and Deputy Director General at the Commission’s Directorate General for Development.
- David Plunkett is a Trade Treaty Expert for McCarthy. He served as Ambassador of Canada to the EU from 2011 to 2015.
- Jason Langrish is the Executive Director of Canada Europe Roundtable for Business, an advocacy group that has been deeply involved in the launch of negotiations for a Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement.
- Maureen Boyd is the Founding Director of Carleton University’s Initiative for Parliamentary and Diplomatic Engagement and a CGAI Fellow.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read CGAI’s Policy Perspective on Canada-EU Relations, "Canada and the European Union: A New Transatlantic Alliance" written by Fellow Bob Hage.
- "Bag Man: The Wild Crimes, Audacious COver-Up, and Spectacular Downfall of a Brazen Crook in the White House" by Rachel Maddow and Michael Yarvitz –
- "Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents" by Isabel Wilkerson
- "The Last Kings of Shanghai" by Jonathan Kaufman