July 31, 2023
On this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks to Susan Markham, Colonel Julie Callacott, and Charlotte Duval-Lantoine about the role of women in peace and security, and the importance of gender inclusion for culture change in the military. You can find out more about the Peace with Women Fellowship here.
- Susan Markham is the Director of the Peace With Women Fellowship program at the Halifax International Security Forum.
- Colonel Julie Callacott is Canadian Forces Intelligence Command Assistant Chief of Staff Support for the Royal Canadian Air Force.
- Charlotte Duval-Lantoine is a Fellow and Ottawa Operations Manager at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, and the author of "The Ones We Let Down: Toxic Leadership Culture and Gender Integration in the Canadian Forces, 1989-1999"
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat and Senior Advisor to the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read & Watch:
- The MacLean's Magazine Archives
- "Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men" by Caroline Criado Perez
- "Voice of the Rebellion: How Mozhdah Jamalzadah Brought Hope to Afghanistan" by Roberta Stanley