March 29, 2021
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson explores the different facets of the Free and Open Indo-Pacific with Prof. Akiko Fukushima, Prof. Shujiro Urata, Dr. Stephen Nagy, Cleo Paskal, and Jonathan Berkshire Miller
- Akiko Fukushima is a Senior Fellow at the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research.
- Shujiro Urata is a former professor of economics at the Graduate School of Asia-Pacific Studies, Waseda University. He is currently Faculty Fellow at the Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Stephen Nagy has been a Senior Associate Professor in the Department of Politics and International Studies at the International Christian University since September 2014.
- Cleo Paskal is an Associate Fellow with Chatham House, London, U.K. (aka Royal Institute of International Affairs) and a Non-Resident Senior Fellow for the Indo-Pacific with the Foundation for Defense of Democracies, Washington, D.C.
- Jonathan Berkshire Miller is a senior fellow with the Japan Institute of International Affairs (JIIA), a director and senior fellow of the Indo-Pacific program at the Ottawa-based Macdonald-Laurier Institute, a senior fellow on East Asia for the Tokyo-based Asian Forum Japan.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
To learn more about the Indo-Pacific, read our 2021 Indo-Pacific Series Papers (available in French, English, and Japanese).