September 11, 2023
On this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson moderates a webinar on the mood of Americans ahead of the 2024 Presidential Elections, and what it could mean for Canada's relationship with the United States.
For the webinar, the German Marshall Fund's Bruce Stokes presents the result of polls exploring public opinion on ahead of upcoming election, followed by a discussion of these results by former Canadian Ambassadors to the USA David MacNaughton and Gary Doer, alongside former Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations Louise Blais to discuss what all this means for Canada.
- Bruce Stokes is a visiting senior fellow at the German Marshall Fund, and senior editor of the 2022 Transatlantic Trends Survey.
- David MacNaughton is the Canadian President of Palantir Technologies, a data analytics and software firm based in Denver, Colorado. Prior to this appointment, he was Canada’s 24th Ambassador to the United States for three and a half years.
- Gary Doer was the 23rd Canadian Ambassador to the United States and former Premier of Manitoba.
- Louise Blais is a senior special advisor to the Business Council of Canada and Diplomat in Residence at the University of Laval. Louise was Canada’s Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York from 2017-2021.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat and Senior Advisor to the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read & Watch:
- "Pacific War Trilogy" by Ian W. Toll
- "Dilemmas of Free Expression" ed. Emmett Macfarlane
- "The Collector: A Novel" by Daniel Silva
- "The Globalization Myth: Why Regions Matter" by Shannon K O'Neil
- "Why America’s Election is Canada’s Business" by Goldy Hyder and Louise Blais
- "Forewarned is Forearmed: The Bilateral Lessons from Trump One" by Colin Robertson