November 22, 2016
On today's Global Exchange podcast, join host Dave Perry as he explores the future of Canadian air power with retired RCAF pilot, and CGAI Fellow, Al Stephenson. The Podcast explores Canada’s needs in the air, the capabilities of Canada’s replacement options, and the role of air power in Canada’s defence strategy.
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. He is the author of multiple publications related to defence budgeting, transformation and procurement.
- Al Stephenson: a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, holds a PhD from Carleton University, and is a veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces with 3600 fighter hours flying third generation CF-104 Starfighters and fourth generation CF-18 Hornets. He has held senior appointments in National Defence Headquarters, NATO and NORAD.
- Al Stephenson: "Symbolism and the CF-18 Replacement"
- Al Stephenson: "The RCAF and the Role of Airpower: Considering Canada's Future Contributions"
- Al Stephenson - “Harry Potter”