June 25, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we continue our series on positioning Canada in a shifting international order. Today's episode, recorded during our May 8th foreign policy conference in Ottawa, has Rona Ambrose, Jean Charest, and Peter Donolo in conversation with CGAI Vice President Colin Robertson about Donald Trump, and how Canada should manage its relationship with the United States.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Rona Ambrose: CGAI Advisory Council Member and a Member of the Government of Canada's NAFTA Advisory Council.
- Jean Charest: A Memeber of the CGAI Advisory Council and a Partner at McCarthy Tétrault LLP.
- Peter Donolo: Vice Chair of Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada.
- "Positioning Canada in the Shifting International Order" (CGAI Conference)
- Colin Robertson: “At the Centre of Government: The Prime Minister and the Limits on Political Power” by Ian Brodie | “Master of Persuasion: Brian Mulroney's Global Legacy” by Fen Osler Hampson
- Rona Ambrose: “CGAI Policy Papers”
- Jean Charest: “On Grand Strategy” by John Lewis Gaddis
- Peter Donolo: “The Heart of the Matter” by Graham Greene