February 20, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we dive deep into Canada's new defence policy -- Strong, Secure, Engaged -- as we discuss how the new document will actually be funded moving forward. Join host Colin Robertson in conversation with CGAI's Senior Defence Analyst Dave Perry, as they discuss Dave's recent paper entitled, "Following the Funding in Strong, Secure, Engaged".
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Dave Perry: David Perry is the Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. He received his PhD in political science from Carleton University, where his dissertation examined the link between defence budgeting and defence procurement.
- "Following the Funding in Strong, Secure, Engaged" - by Dave Perry (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Implementing Strong, Secure, Engaged: The Challenges Ahead" - by Ross Fetterly (CGAI Policy Update)
- "A Basic Primer on Naval Shipbuilding" - by Ian Mack (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Strong, Secure, Engaged: Canada's Defence Policy" (Government of Canada)
- Dave Perry: “The Politics of War: Canada's Afghanistan Mission, 2001-14” by Jean-Christophe Boucher & Kim Richard Nossal