December 29, 2017
On today's holiday edition of the Global Exchange Podcast, we speak with the outgoing Japanese Ambassador to Canada, Kenjiro Monji. Join Colin and Ambassador Monji for a discussion on the Ambassador's distinguished career, his impressions of Canada, the importance of Canada-Japan relations in the 21st century, and the importance of public diplomacy. As a special treat, towards the end of the Podcast, Ambassador Monji also provides a musical example of his own public diplomacy skills.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Kenjiro Monji: Japanese Ambassador to Canada.
- "Canada-Japan Relations" (Government of Canada)
- "Building on a Friendship: Canada-Japan Relations in 2017" (Asia-Pacific Foundation of Canada)
- "In wake of Trudeau's summit no-show, Japan raises possibility of a Trans-Pacific Partnership without Canada" by Marie-Danielle Smith (National Post)
- Kenjiro Monji: “The Remains of the Day” by Kazuo Ishiguro