April 23, 2018
On today's 'Global Exchange' Podcast, we sit down with CGAI Fellow, and global business consultant, Amy Karam to discuss the rapid economic rise and challenge of China. Join Colin and Amy as they consider China's expeditious and robust economic development, as well as the reasons for its contemporary economic dominance; the future of the new global economy, in which China will have extraordinary sway; and the ongoing trade spat between China and the Trump Administration in the United States, which seems to be based on China's unwillingness to adhere to established Western trade rules.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Amy Karam: Amy Karam is a global expansion and competitive strategy consultant, speaker and the author of The China Factor: Leveraging Emerging Business Strategies to Compete, Grow and Win in the New Global Economy. She is also a corporate instructor for Stanford and Duke University, as well as her own workshops and is a trusted authority on globalization, innovation, competitive strategy and the shifting power dynamics in international business, given the rising strength of China and other emerging nations.
- "The China Factor: Leveraging Emerging Business Strategies to Compete, Grow, and Win in the New Global Economy" by Amy Karam
- "A World Larger Than Trump’s: China’s" by Ferry de Kerckhove
- Amy Karam: "Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone" - by Brené Brown
Be the first to comment
Sign in with