September 16, 2019
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are joined by CGAI-fellow Hugh Stephens and Gordon Houlden to discuss Canada's new ambassador to China, Huawei, trade disputes, Hong Kong, and other matters on the Canada-China front.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Hugh Stephens: Distinguished Fellow at the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Gordon Houlden: Director of the China Institute, Professor of Political Science and Adjunct Professor of the Alberta School of Business at the University of Alberta, as well as Adjunct Professor at the National Institute for South China Sea Studies.
- "Canada’s passive playbook on China takes too many pages from Beijing" (CGAI Commentary)
- "Coping with China's Rise -- A Role for Canada?" (CGAI Podcast)