February 5, 2024
On this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson is joined by John Gruetzner, Vina Nadjibulla, Stephen Nagy, and Hugh Stephens to discuss the Taiwanese election and its implications for Asia.
- John Gruetzner worked in the private sector living in China and Asia for most of his career. He is also the co-founder of Intercedent.
- Vina Nadjibulla is Vice-President, Research & Strategy, Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada and an Adjunct Professor at the School of Public Policy and Global Affairs at the University of British Columbia.
- Stephen Nagy is a senior associate professor at the International Christian University, Tokyo.
- Hugh Stephens is a former diplomat and Vice Chair of the Canadian Committee on Pacific Economic Cooperation, Distinguished Fellow at the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, and Executive Fellow at the School of Public Policy at the University of Calgary.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat and Senior Advisor to the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read & Watch:
- "The Rise and Fall of the EAST: How Exams, Autocracy, Stability, and Technology Brought China Success, and Why They Might Lead to Its Decline" by Yasheng Huang Ph.D.
- "The Wayfinders: Why Ancient Wisdom Matters in the Modern World" by Wade Davis
- "Why Bharat MAtters" by Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- "Translating China" by CSIS
- "Reading the China Dream" by David Ownby