February 22, 2021
On this episode of The Global Exchange is a panel from our Annual State of Trade Conference held virtually on February 9th, 2021. Colin Robertson speaks to the Trade Guys, Bill Reinsch and Scott Miller, on what Canada should expect from the Biden administration’s trade policies.
This podcast is made possible with the support of the Business Council of Canada, Earnscliffe Strategy Group, and Export Development Canada.
- William Reinsch holds the Scholl Chair in International Business at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and is a senior adviser at Kelley, Drye & Warren LLP. Previously, he served for 15 years as president of the National Foreign Trade Council, where he led efforts in favor of open markets and sound international tax policy, among many issues.
- Scott Miller is a senior adviser with the Abshire-Inamori Leadership Academy, focusing on leadership development programs for public- and private-sector executives. From 2012 until 2017, he held the William M. Scholl Chair in International Business at CSIS. Mr. Miller is a member of the State Department’s Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
What the Trade Guys are reading:
- "The Thomas Cromwell Series" by Hilary Mantel,
- "Bad Money: Reckless Finance, Failed Politics, and the Global Crisis of American Capitalism" by Kevin Phillips
- "1775: A Good Year for Revolution" by Kevin Phillips