September 1, 2022
On this episode of the Energy Security Cubed Podcast, Kelly Ogle and Joe Calnan discuss current events in energy security, including South Korea's nuclear plans, electricity price caps in Europe, and the latest update in the Line 5 saga.
For the interview section of the podcast, Kelly Ogle talks with Greg Brew about the current state of the JCPOA nuclear agreement, and how the history of Iran-U.S. relations complicates things.
- Greg Brew is a CGAI Fellow and a Postdoctoral Fellow in International Security Studies at Yale University's Jackson School of Global Affairs.
Find Greg's two upcoming books here:
- "The Struggle for Iran: Oil, Autocracy, and the Cold War, 1951–1954"
- "Petroleum and Progress in Iran: Oil, Development, and the Cold War"
- Kelly Ogle is the CEO of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
What is Greg reading?
- "Public Citizens: The Attack on Big Government and the Remaking of American Liberalism" by Paul Sabin
- "Disorder: Hard Times in the 21st Century" by Helen Thompson
- "The Triumph of Broken Promises: The End of the Cold War and the Rise of Neoliberalism" by Fritz Bartel