June 24, 2019
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are joined by CGAI Fellows Daryl Copeland and Sarah Smith, as well as by Gaston Barban, to discuss the Senate of Canada's recent report on cultural diplomacy.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Daryl Copeland: Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, is an analyst, author, educator and consultant specializing in the relationship between science, technology, diplomacy, and international policy.
- Sarah Smith: Assistant Professor of Communication and Media Studies at Carleton University and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Gaston Barban: a former Canadian diplomat.
- "Cultural Diplomacy: At The Front Stage of Canada's Foreign Policy" (Sentate of Canada)
- “Studying the impact and utilization of culture and arts in foreign policy and diplomacy” with Daryl Copeland, Colin Robertson, and Sarah Smith (CGAI Committee Testimony)
- “Discussing The Importance of Cultural Diplomacy” with Daryl Copeland and Sarah Smith (CGAI Podcast)
- Daryl Copeland - "The Republic" by Plato | "Politics" by Aristotle | "Socrates: The Best of Socrates: The Founding Philosophies of Ethics, Virtues & Life" by William Hackett
- Sarah Smith - "No Such Thing as a Free Gift: The Gates Foundation and the Price of Philanthropy" by Linsey McGoey
- Gaston Barban - "Leonardo da Vinci" by Walter Isaacson