March 29, 2018
On today's 'Global Exchange' Podcast, we continue our new series on the state of Canadian trade in a world of growing protectionism and populism. Today's episode, recorded during our February 13th State of Trade conference in Ottawa, features an overview of Canadian trade policy by the Deputy Minister of International Trade, Timothy Sargent.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Timothy Sargent: The Prime Minister of Canada appointed Timothy Sargent to the position of deputy minister for international trade effective October 24, 2016. Prior to joining Global Affairs Canada, Mr. Sargent was an associate deputy minister at Finance Canada and the department’s senior representative to the G7, the G20 and to the Financial Stability Board of the G20, between November 2014 and October 2016.
- "Canada's State of Trade: At Home and Beyond" (CGAI Conference Information)
- "2018 International Trade Series Papers" (CGAI Paper Series)
- "Managing Trump: The Canadian Response" by Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Surviving and Thriving in the Digital Economy" (CGAI-SPP Policy Paper)
- "NAFTA Renegotiations: Fish or Cut Bait" (CGAI Policy Update)