Canada's Defence Policy Review: What Does it Mean?
June 8, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we take a look at Canada's defence policy review (DPR). Join Colin in conversation with CGAI defence analyst David Perry for a run-down on what Canada's DPR has planned for the country's armed forces. Also on the Podcast are two defence experts -- Richard Fadden & Yves Brodeur -- who look at the implications of the DPR moving forward, and the difficulties that may come with implementation.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- David Perry: Fellow and Senior Analyst with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. Was previously the Senior Security and Defence Analyst of the Conference of Defence Associations Institute and the Deputy Director of Dalhousie University’s Centre for Foreign Policy Studies where he remains a fellow.
- Richard Fadden: the National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister from January 19, 2015 to March 31, 2016. Previously he was the Deputy Minister of National Defence starting in May 2013, he served as the director of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service from 2009 until 2013.
- Yves Brodeur: a Canadian diplomat. Former Canadian Ambassador to NATO. He was also formerly the Ambassador to Turkey and ambassador to Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Georgia from August 2005 to October 2007.
- David Perry - "Strong, Secure, Engaged - Canada''s Defence Policy" - Government of Canada
- Richard Fadden - "The End of Europe: Dictators, Demagogues, and the Coming Dark Age" - by James Kirchick | "Kings and Emperors: An Alan Lewrie Naval Adventure" - by Dewey Lambdin
- Yves Brodeur - "Catch and Release" - by Mark Kingwell
- "Growing the Defence Budget: What Would Two Percent of GDP Look Like?" - J. Craig Stone (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Managing Trump: The Canadian Response" - Colin Robertson (CGAI Policy Update)
- "Defence Policy Series" (CGAI Paper Series)
- "Foreign Policy Series" (CGAI Paper Series)
- "Canada's Defence Policy" - Government of Canada
- "A Foreign Policy Vision for Canada" - Government of Canada
- "More soldiers, ships and planes for military in Liberal defence plan" - by Murray Brewster (CBC News)
- "Liberals to lay out foreign policy vision in major speech by Freeland" - by Murray Brewster (CBC News)
Be the first to comment
Sign in with