February 10, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are rebroadcasting the “Linking Democracy, Diplomacy and Security – An Opportunity for Canada?” panel at the Summit on Canada’s Global Leadership hosted by the Canadian Council for International Co-operation in Ottawa, Ontario on November 27. The panel was moderated by Maureen Boyd, and featured Andrew Leslie, Meredith Lilly, Allan Rock, and Thomas Cormier.
The Global Exchange is part of the CGAI Podcast Network. Subscribe to the CGAI Podcast Network on SoundCloud, iTunes, or wherever else you can find Podcasts!
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Maureen Boyd: Director, Carleton Initiative for Parliamentary and Diplomatic Engagement.
- LGen (ret’d) Andrew Leslie: Former Commander of the Canadian Army. Worked as a Senior Vice President of a large corporation, board director and consultant on leadership, governance and risk management. As a parliamentarian he was a member of the Privy Council, Chief Government Whip and Parliamentary Secretary focused on Canada-US relations, helping with NAFTA and other global matters.
- Meredith Lilly: Associate Professor at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs at Carleton University. Simon Reisman Chair in International Affairs. A Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Allan Rock: a Canadian lawyer, former politician, diplomat and university president. He served in the cabinet of Jean Chrétien, most notably as Justice Minister and Health Minister.
- Thomas Cormier: Part of the senior leadership team of the Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) and Regional Director for Asia, providing leadership and strategic direction for a growing team in the region.
- "Grey-zone conflict and hybrid threats” (Defence Deconstructed Podcast)