February 4, 2019
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we discuss the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, and the ongoing struggle for territory between Israel and the Palestinian states.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Maureen Boyd: Director of the Carleton Initiative for Parliamentary and Diplomatic Engagement at Carleton University and a Senior Fellow at the Norman Paterson School of International Affairs.
- Peter Larson: an independent researcher and blogger in Ottawa, Canada. His professional career included periods at the Public Policy Forum, the Conference Board of Canada, Le Droit, and as a consultant to labour unions and federal government departments and agencies.
- Doug Dempster: a CGAI Fellow and Executive Director of the University of Ottawa’s Centre for Executive Leadership.
- "What makes the Middle East such a Difficult Place?" by Barry Cooper (CGAI Policy Paper)
- "A Conversation with Israeli Ambassador Rafael Barak" featuring Colin Robertson & Rafael Barak (CGAI Podcast)
- "The Lemon Tree: An Arab, a Jew, and the Heart of the Middle East" by Sandy Tolan
- "My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tragedy of Israel" by Ari Shavit
- "The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine" by Ilan Pappe
- Maureen Boyd: "Becoming" by Michelle Obama
- Peter Larson: "Breaking Faith: A novel of espionage and an American's crisis of conscience in Pakistan" by Graham E Fuller
- Doug Dempster: "The Secret History of Soldiers: How Canadians Survived the Great War" by Tim Cook
- Colin Robertson: "No Room for Small Dreams: Courage, Imagination, and the Making of Modern Israel" by Shimon Peres