April 23, 2021
In this new episode of Defence Deconstructed, David Perry speaks to CGAI Fellows Ross Fetterly and Craig Stone about how the 2021 Federal Budget will impact defence.
This podcast is brought to you by Irving Shipbuilding. A strategic partner of the federal government’s National Shipbuilding Strategy, providing skilled, well-paying jobs that support Canada’s economic recovery.
- Ross Fetterly retired in 2017 from the Canadian Forces after a 34-year career as the Royal Canadian Air Force’s director of air comptrollership and business management. He previously served as the military personnel command comptroller, and in other senior positions with the Department of National Defence Assistant Deputy Minister (Finance).
- Craig Stone is a retired Associate Professor in the Department of Defence Studies at the Canadian Forces College (CFC) and the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC). Dr. Stone joined the academic staff at CFC and RMC in the summer of 2005 after 29 years in the Canadian Forces, the last five at CFC in the Strategic Studies Directorate.
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
What Dr. Fetterly and Dr. Stone are reading:
- "The Room Where It Happened" by John Bolton
- "The Dragons and The Snakes: How the Rest Learned to Fight the West" by David Kilcullen