Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - 8:30 AM EDT | Zoom Webinar
Four years after the adoption of the Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement (CETA) and the Canada-EU Strategic Partnership (SPA), what have been the challenges and opportunities? What will the relationship between Canada and the European Union look like moving forward?
8:30-8:50 Canada-EU relationship by the numbers
- Marie-France Paquet, Chief Economist, GAC
8:50-9:10 Canadian attitudes toward Europe
- Frank Graves, EKOS
9:10-9:40 View from Ottawa and Brussels
- EU Deputy Chief of Mission Christian Burgsmueller
- Canadian Deputy Head of Mission Robert Sinclair
9:40-10:25 What do we need to do to get SMEs interested in CETA?
- Delphine Adenot-Owusu, Executive Director of the European Union Chamber of Commerce in Canada (EUCCAN)
- Mark Camilleri, President, Canada EU Trade and Investment Association
- Fawn Jackson Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
- Moderator: Mary Anne Carter, Earnscliffe Strategy Group
10:25-11:10 So what does the Strategic Partnership really mean?
- David Plunkett, former Canadian Ambassador to EU
- Christian Leffler, Former Deputy Secretary-General at European External Action Service
- Jason Langrish, Executive Director, Canada Europe Roundtable for Business
- Moderator: Maureen Boyd, Director, Carleton University Parliamentary Initiative
11:10-11:30 CETA Chief Negotiator & Assistant Deputy Minister Trade Policy and Negotiations, Steve Verheul, reflects on his experience as negotiator and what future for trade agreements in the wake of COVID and current geo-eco-politics trends
In partnership with:
Delegation of the European Union to Canada