March 4, 2019
On today's 'Global Exchange' Podcast, we take an in-depth look at the ongoing refugee crisis in Myanmar, and the plight of the Rohingya people. Join host Colin Robertson in conversation with Sarah Goldfeder, a former U.S. diplomat in Southeast Asia, for a discussion on the historical context of the Rohingya crisis, as well as what a solution to the crisis may look like.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Sarah Goldfeder: a Principal at the Earnscliffe Strategy Group and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- "The Long Road: Historical Context and Ongoing Challenges of the Rohingya Crisis" by Sarah Goldfeder (CGAI Policy Paper)
- "The Neglected Crisis: Myanmar’s Rohingya" by Sarah Goldfeder (CGAI Policy Perspective)
- "The Rohingya refugee crisis will test whether ‘Canada is back’" by Colin Robertson (CGAI Commentary)
- Sarah Goldfeder: "Myanmar's Enemy Within: Buddhist Violence and the Making of a Muslim 'Other'" by Francis Wade
- Colin Robertson: "Identity: The Demand for Dignity and the Politics of Resentment" by Francis Fukuyama