December 14, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, Colin Robertson is joined by Philip Calvert, Ted Lipman, and John Gruetzner to talk about the state of Canada-China relations.
- Philip Calvert is a fellow at CGAI and at the China Institute (University of Calgary).
- Ted Lipman is a fellow at CGAI and the head of a consultancy and designing firm based in Kong Kong.
- John Gruetzner is a fellow at CGAI and is responsible for international business development for the Canadian-based firm Syngrafii Inc.
- Colin Robertson (host) is a former Canadian diplomat, now Vice President of and Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read the Canadian International Council’s series, “An Assessment of 50 Years of Canada-China Relations”.
What Philip Calvert is reading:
- "Between the World and Me" by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- "Songs for the End of the World" by Saleema Nawaz
- "Eat the Buddha: Life and Death in a Tibetan Town" by Barbara Demick
What Ted Lipman is reading:
- "The Road to Character" David Brooks
What John Gruetzner is reading:
- "The Myth of Chinese Capitalism" by Dexter Roberts
- "The Twilight of Democracies: The Seductive Lure of Authoritarianism" by Anne Applebaum