November 2, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, Colin Robertson talks to Hon. John Manley and Hon. Jean Charest about how Canada needs to prepare for the next U.S. administration.
- Hon. John Manley is a former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada. He was first elected to Parliament in 1988, and re-elected three times. From 1993 to 2003 he was a Minister in the governments of Jean Chrétien, serving in the portfolios of Industry, Foreign Affairs and Finance, in addition to being Deputy Prime Minister.
- Hon. Jean Charest is a Partner at McCarthy Tétrault. He provides invaluable expertise to the firm’s clients with his in-depth knowledge and experience with public policy, corporate Canada and international matters. As a strategic advisor with a unique perspective, he supports clients on complex transactions, projects and international mandates, as they navigate the global business environment.
Colin Robertson is a former Canadian diplomat, now Vice President of and Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Further information on Canada and the U.S. elections:
- “Biden or More Trump: What Canadians Need to Know about the 2020 U.S. Elections” by Colin Robertson
What Hon. Jean Charest is reading:
- "All the Devils are Here" by Louise Penny
What Hon. John Manley is reading:
- "Countdown 1945: The Extraordinary Story of the Atomic Bomb and the 116 Days That Changed the World" by Chris Wallace with Mitch Weiss
- "Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone" by J.K. Rowling