December 20, 2021
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks to H.E. Darius Skusevičius, Dr. Joan DeBardeleben, Andrew Rasiulis, and Marcus Kolga, about Easter Europe.
- H.E. Darius Skusevičius is Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Lithuania to Canada.
- Joan DeBardeleben (Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, 1979) is a professor in the Institute of European, Russian and Eurasian Studies, and in the Department of Political Science at Carleton University. She is founder, former Director, and currently Co-Director of Carleton’s Centre for European Studies (CES), a Carleton University Research Centre focusing on European affairs.
- Marcus Kolga is an international award winning documentary filmmaker, journalist, digital communications strategist, and a leading Canadian expert on Russian and Central and Eastern European issues. Marcus has a focus on communications and media strategies as tools of foreign policy and defence, and continues to write commentary for national and international media including the Globe and Mail and Toronto Star. He is the co-founder and publisher of UpNorth.eu, an online magazine that features analysis and political and cultural news from the Nordic and Baltic region.
- Andrew P. Rasiulis is a former Department of National Defence official and now a fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read CGAI’s Eastern Europe Series:
- "The European Union’s Eastern Partnership: Bold Ambitions in a Troubled Region"
- "Ukraine: At Europe’s Strategic Crossroads"
- "Confusion, Destabilization and Chaos: Russia’s Hybrid Warfare against Canada and its Allies"