January 29, 2024
For this episode of the Global Exchange podcast, Colin Robertson moderates a panel of prominent experts on Canada-U.S. relations on the mood of Americans during the 2024 Presidential Primaries, and what it could mean for Canada's relationship with the United States.
- Bruce Stokes is a visiting senior fellow at the German Marshall Fund, and senior editor of the 2022 Transatlantic Trends Survey.
- David MacNaughton is the Canadian President of Palantir Technologies, a data analytics and software firm based in Denver, Colorado. Prior to this appointment, he was Canada’s 24th Ambassador to the United States for three and a half years.
- Gary Doer was the 23rd Canadian Ambassador to the United States and former Premier of Manitoba.
- Louise Blais is a senior special advisor to the Business Council of Canada. Louise was Canada’s Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York from 2017-2021.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat and Senior Advisor to the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read & Watch:
- "The Honourable John Norquay: Indigenous Premier, Canadian Statesman" by Gerald Friesen
- "Conflict: The Evolution of Warfare from 1945 to Ukraine" by David H. Petraeus
- "Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty" by Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson
- "Before 1776: Life in the American Colonies" from The Great Courses