June 24, 2022
On this episode of Defence Deconstructed, VAdm (ret’d) Mark Norman, Dr. Adam Lajeunesse, Timothy Choi, Mark Mes, and Cmdre (ret’d) James Clarke talk about the role the maritime domain plays in the defence of North America.
This episode is an excerpt from our North American defence conference, which took place on May 19, 2022 in Ottawa. The event was made possible thanks to the Department of National Defence's MINDS Program, our strategic sponsors Lockheed Martin Canada, General Dynamics, Irving Shipbuilding, Davie Shipyard, title sponsor L3 Harris, and bronze sponsor Raytheon Technologiesl
Defence Deconstructed is brought to you by Irving Shipbuilding and Davie Shipyard.
- VAdm (ret'd) Mark Norman is a CGAI Fellow.
- Adam Lajeunesse is a Professor at St Francis-Xavier University and Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Timothy Choi is a PhD Student at the University of Calgary and Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Marc Mes is the functional authority for Fleet and Maritime Security at the Canadian Coast Guard.
- Cmdre (ret’d) James Clarke retired after 34 years of service for the Royal Canadian Navy in July 2021 and has been working with Lockheed Martin Canada ever since.
- Dave Perry is the President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.