October 13, 2018
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we convene our roster of North American trade experts to discuss the newly signed United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA). Join host Colin Robertson in discussion with Eric Miller, Laura Dawson, Sarah Goldfeder, and Larry Herman, as they discuss the pros and cons of the new deal, as well as what happens next.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Eric Miller: a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and the President of Rideau Potomac Strategy Group.
- Sarah Goldfeder: a Principal at the Earnscliffe Strategy Group and a Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Laura Dawson: Director of the Wilson Center’s Canada Institute.
- Larry Herman: Senior Fellow of the C.D. Howe Institute.
- "Don’t celebrate just yet. USMCA is far from being a done deal" - by Colin Robertson (The Globe and Mail)
- "USMCA’s fine print giving U.S. the right to veto Canada-China trade deal is a major setback" - by Hugh Stephens (The Globe and Mail)
- Colin Robertson: "The Jungle Grows Back: America and Our Imperiled World" by Robert Kagan | "War on Peace" by Ronan Farrow
- Eric Miller: "The North American Idea: A Vision of a Continental Future" by Robert A. Pastor
- Sarah Goldfeder: "Homelands: Four Friends, Two Countries, and the Fate of the Great Mexican-American Migration" by Alfredo Corchado
- Laura Dawson: "Not for the Faint of Heart: Lessons in Courage, Power, and Persistence" by Wendy Sherman
- Larry Herman: "Christianity: The First Three Thousand Years" by Diarmaid MacCulloch