February 1, 2021
On this episode of The Global Exchange is the recording of our latest webinar titled “Joe Biden’s Presidency: What it Means for Canada.” Colin Robertson speaks to Sarah Goldfeder, Luiza Ch. Savage, and Laurie Trautman on the challenges and opportunities the new Biden administration presents to Canada.
- Sarah Goldfeder is a Principal at the Earnscliffe Strategy Group in Ottawa, where she provides high-level insight on the inner workings of the U.S. and Canadian governments.
- Luiza Ch. Savage is executive director for editorial initiatives at POLITICO, a global news organization focused on politics and policy.
- Dr. Laurie Trautman is the Director of the Border Policy Research Institute at Western Washington University.
Articles Mentioned in the Session:
- “To Counter China We Must Invest in America” by Marco Rubio
- “America Needs a New Economic Philosophy. Foreign Policy Experts Can Help” by Jennifer Harris and Jake Sullivan
- “Canada’s Eleventh Province; American’s Eleventh City? Planet Canada and Call to Action” Deanna Horton and Roy Norton
What Ms. Goldfeder, Ms. Savage, and Dr. Trautman are reading:
- "The Wake Up Call: Why the Pandemic Has Exposed the Weakness of the West, and How to Fix it" by John Micklethwait and Adrian Wooldridge
- "Corridors" by Politico
- "Transition Playbook" by Politico
- "Superpower Showdown: How the Battle Between Trump and Xi Threatens a New Cold War" by Bob David and Lingling Wei
- "Anxious People" by Fredrik Backman