June 21, 2021
- Jeremy Kinsman has been the Distinguished Visiting Diplomat at Ryerson since 2010 after he left the Canadian Foreign Service in 2006, following 40 years of service. He had served as a Canadian Ambassador for 15 years, in Moscow (1992-96), in Rome (1996-2000) as High Commissioner in London (2000-2002), and as Ambassador to the EU in Brussels (2002-2006). Earlier postings were in Brussels and in Algeria before going to New York in 1975 where he became Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN.
- Ambassador Thomas R. Pickering is Vice Chairman of Hills and Company where he has worked since December 2006. Tom served as the U.S. Ambassador and Representative to the United Nations in New York under President George H.W. Bush. He also was the U.S. Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs under President Bill Clinton. Tom holds the personal rank of Career Ambassador, the highest in the U.S. Foreign Service.
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read Tom Pickering’s piece on multilateralism:
- "The Free World: Art and Thought in the Cold War" by Louis Menand
- "Across the Moscow River: The World Turned Upside Down" by Rodric Braithwaite
- "Edison" by Edmund Morris
- "Personal Memoirs of U. S. Grant" by Ulysses S. Grant
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with