May 28, 2021
In this new episode of Defence Deconstructed, David Perry speaks to Mark McKiel, Johanne Mullen, Col Thorne, and David Hulett, about project scheduling in defence procurement.
This conversation is made possible thanks to the support of DND’s MINDS program, CGAI’s strategic sponsors Lockheed Martin Canada and General Dynamics, BAE Systems and Saab.
Defence Deconstructed is brought to you by Irving Shipbuilding. A strategic partner of the federal government’s National Shipbuilding Strategy, providing skilled, well-paying jobs that support Canada’s economic recovery.
- David Hulett is the president of Hulett and Associates and recognized as a leader in developing concepts and methods for quantitative project cost and schedule risk analysis and applying them on large commercial and government projects.
- Johanne Mullen is a Partner, Deals, Capital Projects & Infrastructure at PwC and has advised on some of the largest infrastructure projects in Canada, from initial feasibility and business case stage through to financial close.
- Col Thorne leads KPMG Australia's Engineering & Asset Management Advisory business, having retired from the Royal Australian Air Force in 2013 at the rank of Air Vice-Marshal after 5 years as Head of Aerospace Systems.
- Mark McKiel is the Director of the Project Management Support Organisation at National Defence. He has over 30 years of experience with the RCN and Public Service in a range of project management and engineering capacities, and now leads on strategic initiatives for the Materiel Group at National Defence.
- Dave Perry (host): Senior Analyst and Vice President with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with