February 18, 2020
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are broadcasting an armchair discussion with Richard Fontaine on “Modernizing American Homeland Defence” from our 29 Jan. 2019 Modernizing North American Defence conference.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Richard Fontaine: Chief Executive Officer of the Center for a New American Security (CNAS). He served as President of CNAS from 2012-19 and as Senior Advisor and Senior Fellow from 2009-12. Prior to CNAS, he Fontaine served as foreign policy advisor to the McCain 2008 presidential campaign and subsequently as the minority deputy staff director on the Senate Armed Services Committee.
- “Rising to the China Challenge: Renewing American Competitiveness in the Indo-Pacific” by Ely Ratner, Daniel Kliman, Susanna V. Blume, Rush Doshi, Chris Dougherty, Richard Fontaine, Peter Harrell, Martijn Rasser, Elizabeth Rosenberg, Eric Sayers, Daleep Singh, Paul Scharre, Loren DeJonge Schulman, Neil Bhatiya, Ashley Feng, Joshua Fitt, Megan Lamberth, Kristine Lee and Ainikki Riikonen (CNAS Publication)
- “1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus” by Charles C. Mann
- “1493: Uncovering the New World Columbus Created” by Charles C. Mann
- “The Cremation of Sam McGee” By Robert Service [Author], Ted Harrison [Illustrator]