February 14, 2022
In this episode of The Global Exchange, Colin Robertson speaks toJulian Lindley-French, Alexander Vershbow, Kerry Buck, and David Collenette about the new strategic direction NATO should take.
Read The Alphen Group’s Shadow Strategic Concept, created in partnership with the German Marshall Fund in the United States, the Norwegian Atlantic Committee, and the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- Professor Dr Julian Lindley-French is the Chair of The Alphen Group, a leading advisor, strategist, and author with eleven published books to his name and many articles who has four advanced degrees and has held three professorial chairs.
- Ambassador Alexander “Sandy” Vershbow is a distinguished fellow with the Scowcroft Center for Strategy and Security and Eurasia Center. Ambassador Vershbow was the deputy secretary general of NATO from February 2012 to October 2016.
- David Collenette PC, LLD, FCILT, served as a Liberal Member of Parliament from Toronto for 21 years and as a Cabinet Minister under three Prime Ministers. He is now Chair of the NATO Association of Canada.
- Kerry Buck is Senior Fellow at the University of Ottawa's Graduate School of Public and International Affairs. Prior to that, she served as a public servant, whose most notable role was as Canada's Ambassador to the North Atlantic Council (NATO).
- Colin Robertson is a former diplomat, and Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
Read and Watch
- "The Daughters of Yalta" by Catherine Grace Katz
- Will Ferrell’s movies
- "The Ministry for the Future" by Kim Stanley Robinson
- "The British Pacific Fleet: The Royal Navy’s Most Powerful Strike Force" by David Hobbs
- "The Lost Piano in Siberia" by Sophy Roberts