March 18, 2019
On today's Global Exchange Podcast, we are rebroadcasting a conversation from our February 2019 trade conference at the Westin Hotel in Ottawa. Join Colin in conversation with John Manley, Susannah Pierce, and Perrin Beatty, as they discuss the rise of protectionism and populism, and debate what Canada can do to counteract these forces.
- Colin Robertson (host/moderator): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- The Hon. Perrin Beatty: President of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
- Susannah Pierce: External Affairs Director at LNG Canada and a member of the CGAI Board of Directors.
- The Hon. John Manley: Chair of the CGAI Advisory Council.
- "Canada’s State of Trade: At Home and Beyond" (CGAI Event)
- Colin Robertson: "Churchill: Walking With Destiny" by Andrew Roberts
- The Hon. Perrin Beatty: "Fear: Trump in the White House" by Bob Woodward
- Susannah Pierce: "Tip of the Spear: Our Species and Technology at a Crossroads" by Jim A Gibson
- The Hon. John Manley: "Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst" by Robert M. Sapolsky