September 5, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we continue our conversation surrounding our 2017 Energy Paper series. On this episode, Colin speaks with Kelly Ogle, John Haffner, and Jim Burpee about the national pipeline landscape, and the future of hydro power throughout Canada.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Kelly Ogle: President and CEO of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
- John Haffner: a consultant with extensive experience in the cleantech, energy and infrastructure sectors. As President of Haffner Group, a Toronto- and Hong Kong-based company he founded in 2011, he provides advisory and execution services for clients in Canada and Asia. Haffner has more than 15 years’ experience working on energy and environmental issues, including major projects for Ontario Power Generation and the Canadian Electricity Association.
- • Jim Burpee: Jim Burpee has been working in the electricity sector on a provincial, federal, North American and global level for 40 years. He has worked as a senior executive for much of that time (Ontario Hydro/ Ontario Power Generation) including six years at the CEO level (Bridge Renewable Energy Technologies, Canadian Electricity Association).
- Kelly Ogle - "For Whom the Bell Tolls" - by Ernest Hemingway
- John Haffner - "Rocky Mountain Institute publications"
- Jim Burpee - "The Dark Tower series" by Stephen King | "South of Broad" by Pat Conroy
Energy Series Papers
- “With the latest developments on the North American pipeline landscape, is Energy East necessary?” by Kelly Ogle
- “More Hydro Power in Canada: Tapping Our Potential” by John Haffner & Jim Burpee