September 18, 2017
On today's "Global Exchange" Podcast, we continue our conversation on the topic of NATO, in light of the release of our recent NATO paper series at www.cgai.ca/nato_series. On this episode, Colin speaks with Andrew Rasiulis and Yves Brodeur about the future of NATO, as well as the role of the alliance in today's international climate.
- Colin Robertson (host): A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Andrew Rasiulis: a retired public servant and a Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute. During his tenure in the public service, Mr. Rasiulis held positions such as Defence Advisor to the Canadian Delegation for Conventional Arms Control Talks in Vienna and Department of Defence Section Head responsible for policy on Central and Eastern Europe.
- Yves Brodeur: Ambassador to Turkey from 2005 to 2007 and Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Canada to NATO from 2011 to 2015. He is now a CGAI Fellow.
- "Canada’s Military Operations on NATO’s Eastern Flank: Why They Matter" - by Andrew Rasiulis (Part of CGAI's NATO Series)
- "NATO: A Personal Perspective" - by Yves Brodeur (Part of CGAI's NATO Series)
- "The Search for Stability in Eastern Europe: Policy Options for Canada" by Andrew Rasiulis (CGAI Policy Update)
- Andrew Rasiulis: “The Reconstruction of Nations: Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, Belarus, 1569–1999” by Timothy Snyder
- Yves Brodeur: "Hombres buenos" by Arturo Pérez-Reverte