October 31, 2016
On today's 'Global Exchange' Podcast, we have two foreign policy experts in conversation with Colin Robertson to discuss their contribution to our new 'Foreign Policy Review' series. On the Podcast, Colin speaks to Joël Plouffe and Michael Small about Canada’s role in the Arctic, as well as the future of a human security doctrine in the 21st century.
- Colin Robertson (host): - A former Canadian diplomat, Colin Robertson is Vice President of the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and a Senior Advisor to Dentons LLP.
- Joël Plouffe: a Fellow with the Canadian Global Affairs Institute and Managing Editor of the Arctic Yearbook.
- Michael Small: a Fellow at the Centre for Dialogue at Simon Fraser University and a former member of the Canadian foreign service. From 1996-2000 he was Director of the Peacebuilding and Human Security Division in DFAIT.
Both papers mentioned in the Podcast are available at cgai.ca:
- “Renewing the Arctic Dimension to Canada’s National Defence Policy” by Joël Plouffe et al.
- “Should Canada Revisit the Human Security Agenda” by Michael Small